Monday, September 23, 2013

Our Beautiful Little Bichon, Chammi, Has Gone To Doggie Heaven


Our beautiful little Bichon, Chammi, jumped onto a twinkling star on Saturday night (September 21) and went up to Doggie Heaven. Waiting for her was Beaji, her beloved companion of a lifetime, whom she had missed so much. Beaji had gone ahead three years ago, much to our sorrow.

Chammi became ill unexpectedly on Friday evening (Sept 20) and was rushed into the Blue Pearl Veterinary Hospital, one of the best in Manhattan. She had suffered a seizure. Our wonderful vet, Dr. Barbara Kalvig was in constant touch with the doctors at the hospital, and with Mohamed, who runs our household, and looks after Chammi when we are away. Chammi was seventeen years old, but with her glossy white fur and sparkling brown eyes she looked like a puppy, and everyone remarked on her beauty.



We were in Los Angeles when this happened, but we caught a plane on Saturday morning and were back in time to say farewell to our darling pet, who had “written” so many books with me. Now, when Bob and I look up at the stars at night we can see Chammi nuzzling Beaji, as she always did. They are reunited at last. We will miss them both, but they will always be in our hearts.


8 comments:

  1. I'm so sorry; I cannot even imagine the depth of your loss. Our household revolves around our 12 year old Bichon, Hannah. We've enjoyed her love and happiness since she was 8 weeks old. Our little girl looks just like your two darlings. They are so full of love and we know there's a person inside. Warm hugs to you both and when I look up to the skies at night, I'll think of your Chammi and Beaji.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So sorry to hear such sad news...My brother and sister in law have a Bichon she will be 13 years old this October and they love her...especially my sister in law...if anything should ever happen to her dog I don't know what she would do...Coconut is her life...she treats her dog better than people treat their children...Again so sorry about your Chammi...

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am very sorry for your loss...my household revolves around two beautiful dogs that we rescued as puppies...they are now ages 9 and 13. Trudie our 9 year old female is a Carolina Dog and Jake our 13 year old male is a Catahoula Leopard Dog. We also have a sweet little grand dog, Oscar a 6 year old Miniature Schnauzer .... my family sends you our deepest sympathy and prayers. I know it is a great comfort to you and your husband that your beloved furbaby furiend is now with her companion that has already gone to Heaven.....may they both RIP....their spirits will always be with you....what better comfort could there be than this.

    ReplyDelete
  4. So sorry to hear of your sad loss. I know only too well how much our pets mean to us. I have my wonderful pug Oscar who is now 5 and a half years old and deveoted to me. They are with each other now and may as the previous comment says RIP xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am so sorry to hear of your little one's passing. Our pets are our angels here on earth and I believe when they pass they are waiting for us when our time comes. Have comfort in Chammi's memories.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am so sorry to hear of your sad loss. I know how much joy our little boy Dougal gives us - yes have comfort in Chammi's memories and lots of smiles x

    ReplyDelete
  7. After seeing so many pictures of her, I felt Chammi did help you write the books. Her spirit will remain with you. So sorry for your loss.

    ReplyDelete